This weekend, the husband and I decided to have a staycation rather than going on a long roadtrip to see his parents. Honestly, I don't know how I could have survived a road trip because I can barely ride in the car for more than 30 minutes without wanting to hurl. Sometimes I feel so bad for the husband because I know he hates seeing me feel so crummy while not being able to do much to help me. But this weekend, he went out and bought me this product called the "Sea Band" and it has been helping! Basically, they are bands that you wear around your wrists, and it uses accupressure to help relieve nausea. Today was my first day wearing these bands, and it's the best day that I've had in the last two weeks. The bands themselves look a little dorky, but it's time to prioritize function over form! :-) Thank you, hubby!
On a side note, people who know me know that I have really sensitive skin. Pregnancy and Baby Fanntastic have increased this sensitivity by 100x! Things I can no longer use (that I discovered the hard way, at least) include lip gloss, lipstick, Bath & Body Works lotions, and Neutrogena sunblock. I'm sure that I'll discover more along the way. *sigh*
Yay for 3 day weekends, but I am so not looking forward to getting on a plane for work again tomorrow night. Afternoon/evenings are the worst for me as the "triple threat" hits me (low energy, barf attacks, and itchy skin). Hopefully my new bands will at least help with 1 of the 3 things--oh, and I also hope my skin isn't allergic to these bands, either. That would be icing on the cake, wouldn't it? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.