Friday, June 3, 2011

Cold vs. Baby Fanntastic

I knew that I wasn't going to be lucky forever.  After all of the traveling I've been doing in the first 9 weeks of this pregnancy so far, I finally caught a bug.  I was in Portland when I started to feel shaky, so I caught an earlier flight home.  By the time I was back in my house, I knew that it was going to be bad.  That was yesterday, and this morning, when I woke up, this cold was full blown.  On top of nausea, I now have a sore throat, cough, runny nose and the aches! 

When I was at the Portland airport yesterday, I bought some Dayquil in order to keep my composure during the flight.  However, today, after doing a little research, I saw that it's not safe for pregnant women, especially in their first trimesters. :-(  I've been kicking myself all day for it. 

This transition is hard because I'm a firm believer in drugs for alleviation.  I'm sorry, Baby Fanntastic.  I didn't know, and I didn't mean to cause harm.  :-(  So here I am, toughing it out drug-free....just me, my nausea SeaBands, a tissue box, and Kobe the dog (whose smell also gets me pukey, but I endure it because I love her so much).   *sigh*

I should probably do more extensive research on things I can/can't take/do while I am a vessel for this little booger of a blessing before I make another mistake again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.