I'm still only about 9.5 weeks along, but keeping the news to ourselves has been hard for me and Mark. The first person I told was my mom because I needed to tell her--I needed her support and approval. She was ecstatic, but she was most concerned about my overall health. This was around the 5 week mark, shortly after I had a positive home pregnancy kit.
Today, I finally told my dad and brother. While I'm so nervous about making sure that I hit the milestones and make it safely through the first trimester, I can't help but feeling that the more people I tell, the more real it HAS to be. :-) Needless to say, my dad was so excited! My little brother didn't seem that surprised, and when I questioned him about it, he said that he saw all my pregnancy books laying around the house, so he just assumed I was pregnant. So much for keeping things a secret, eh?
This weekend is Mark's father's 70th birthday, and we'll be breaking the news to everyone at his party in Las Vegas. (Yes, I will be attending a 70th birthday bash in Vegas. Yes, Baby Fanntastic will be getting his/her first taste of the City of Sin!) About a year ago, Mark's mother pulled me aside and told me rather frankly that the best gift I could give to Mark's father on his milestone birthday was a grandchild. Well, Grandma and Grandpa Fann, your dreams are about to come true!
And honestly, even if I didn't tell people, they'd notice that I'm always tired, always running to the bathroom (to hurl), and always rocking my black Seabands around my wrists. If those things don't scream PREGNANT, I don't know what would!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.